Choose An Attorney
Charles B. Kraft
Who We Are
- University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of New Mexico, B.A., Psychology & History, 2009
- State of New Mexico
- United States District Court, New Mexico
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Federal Bar Association for the District of New Mexico
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- New Mexico Medical Review Commission, panelist
I was raised in Rio Rancho, New Mexico and attended the University of New Mexico for both my undergraduate and law degree. While attending the UNM School of Law, I served on the New Mexico Law Review as a Professional Articles Editor, published an article in the New Mexico Law Review, and was awarded Clinical Honors and the Dean’s Award for Significant Contribution to the Law School Community.
Upon finishing law school, I served as an Assistant Attorney General in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where I was general counsel to various governmental entities. After a term with the Attorney General’s Office, I practiced criminal defense at the Law Offices of the Public Defender, where I represented clients from arraignment through trial with a particular emphasis in DWI.
Away from the office, my family and I enjoy spending time outdoors, camping in northern New Mexico and throughout Colorado, and rooting for the New York Yankees. I’m a husband, the proud father of two wonderful children, and an avid cyclist.
State v. Mendez: Restoring the Admissibility of Statements Made for the Purposes of Medical Diagnosis or Treatment in the Context of Child Sexual Abuse, 42 N.M. L. Rev. 559 (2013)