Who We Are
Michael P. Clemens
- University of Denver Law School, J. D., 1989
- University of Colorado at Denver, B.A. Economics, 1986
- New Mexico
- United States District Court, New Mexico
- United States Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
I was born and raised in Denver, Colorado. I did not stray far from home for my education, attending the University of Colorado at Denver and Denver University Law School.
I joined Butt Thornton & Baehr in 1989 and have been a shareholder since 1995. I am listed in the 2016 Best Lawyers in New Mexico for expertise in insurance defense.
I am an avid golfer and fly fisherman. I enjoy youth sports, having coached for more than fifteen years. I am happily married with three beautiful children.