J. Duke Thornton
Who We Are
- University of New Mexico School of Law, J. D., 1969
- New Mexico
- New York
- State Bar of New Mexico
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research and Trial Lawyers Association
- International Association of Insurance Counsel
- Association for Transportation Law, Logistics and Policy Associate Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates
In 1987, I was appointed by the Governor as the public member of the N.M. Board of Dentistry. In 1988, I was appointed by the Governor to the New Mexico State Racing Commission. I also served as Chairman of the American Law Firm Association Transportation from 1999 to 2000.
I am a former NCAA authorized player-agent and a former member of the National Football League Players Association. I have a passion for flying and am a licensed commercial pilot. I also trained as a commercial motor vehicle operator.